Effective as of 1/12/2023
The company ARKADA STUDIO (hereinafter referred to as “the company” and “the Publisher”) is a French board game publisher specializing in voice technologies. ARKADA STUDIO publishes a website and a voice-command mobile application under the name “SPARK RIDERS,” offering its Users exclusively as individuals, consumers, and for private, family, or personal purposes, services and features that allow them to play the SPARK RIDERS board game.
To deliver its products and services, ARKADA STUDIO needs to collect and process personal data. ARKADA STUDIO places great importance on the use of personal data and privacy protection. It is committed to doing everything possible to ensure the confidentiality and security of information.
Users will be notified of any significant changes to this Policy. In the event of changes, they will only apply to Users who have become aware of them after they have been made. At any time, they are free to no longer contact ARKADA STUDIO or use the offered products and services.
For a perfect understanding, ARKADA STUDIO provides Users with a Glossary. The terms used in the document have the following meanings:
– “Buyer” or “Customer” or “User” or “Internet User”: refers to any natural person who has provided Personal Data either directly to ARKADA STUDIO or via the contact form available on the company’s website, or during registration and creation of a personal account on the Company’s Website and/or the SPARK RIDERS mobile application.
– “Mobile Application”: refers to the SPARK RIDERS mobile application through which ARKADA STUDIO, the publisher, delivers services and offers internet users and users the opportunity to register and create a personal account.
– “Anonymous Data”: refers to data that cannot, directly or indirectly, identify a Customer/User and cannot reasonably be used to identify a Customer/User.
– “Personal Data”: refers to any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person, directly or indirectly, including by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier, or one or more specific elements specific to his physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural, or social identity.
– “Partners”: refers to the various providers and suppliers that ARKADA STUDIO may call upon to provide services and products to its Customers.
– “Products”: refers to the products provided by ARKADA STUDIO, including associated support services.
– “Data Protection Regulation”: refers collectively to General Data Protection Regulation No. 2016/679 (hereinafter GDPR), Law No. 79-17 of January 6, 1978, as amended, relating to information technology, files, and freedoms, the Digital Republic Law No. 2016-1321 of October 7, 2016, and any new laws and decrees adopted for their implementation.
– “Data Controller”: refers to the natural or legal person, public authority, service, or other body that, alone or jointly with others, determines the purposes and means of the processing; when the purposes and means of this processing are determined by Union law or the law of a Member State, the data controller may be designated or the specific criteria applicable to its designation may be provided for by Union law or by the law of a Member State.
– “Services”: refers to the services and products provided by ARKADA STUDIO, including associated support services.
– “Website”: refers to the website www.arkada.studio.fr through which ARKADA STUDIO, the publisher, informs internet users about the products and services it provides in the context of its activities and provides internet users with a contact form.
– “Subcontractor”: refers to the natural or legal person, public authority, service, or other body that processes personal data on behalf of the data controller.
The Data Controller is ARKADA STUDIO, a simplified joint-stock company with a capital of €30,000, registered with the Trade and Companies Register of ROUEN under number 881 197 388, with its registered office at 538 rue aux Saulniers 76230 SAINT PIERRE LÈS ELBEUF.
WHAT DATA IS COLLECTED?
ARKADA STUDIO collects and processes various types of data: personal data (as defined in this Policy) and anonymous data (as defined in this Policy).
Different personal data are collected by ARKADA STUDIO.
The Data collected includes the following:
- Data voluntarily provided by the Customer when placing an order with ARKADA STUDIO through the website: name, first name, shipping address, billing address, phone number, email address;
- Data voluntarily provided by the Internet User/User when filling out the contact form made available on the company’s website: name, email address, message;
- Data voluntarily provided by the Internet User/User when registering on the Mobile Application and the Website and when creating a personal account: name and surname, username, email address, for playing and using the Services;
- Technical Data: IP address and identifiers of your device, the type of browser used (Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc.), Internet service provider, and mobile operator;
- Data about your use of the Service, such as game data, purchases made, and interactions with other players and Users of the provided Services.
WHAT IS THE LEGAL BASIS FOR THE PROCESSING?
The data that ARKADA STUDIO collects is used for the following purposes:
- To perform a contract or fulfill a request prior to the conclusion of a contract;
- To provide Customers/Users with the requested, viewed, reserved, or purchased products and services;
- To provide technical and commercial information on behalf of the company;
- To communicate with Customers/Users regarding their account or transaction with the Company, or to inform them or solicit their feedback on our Website, our Mobile Application, our Services and Products, or changes to our rules;
- To provide assistance to Customers/Users.
Compliance with Legal Obligations:
- Especially for the accounting processing of orders;
- or in the context of possible warranty procedures;
- To ensure the exercise of your rights;
- Legitimate Interests:
- To protect the security of its systems, to detect and prevent fraud and activities that may violate our rules or compromise security and be illegal;
- to improve, manage, and optimize our Website, our Mobile Application, our Products, and our Services;
- To manage payment issues and debt collection;
- Consent: Subject to your explicit consent, which can be withdrawn at any time:
- To respond to your requests made through the contact form;
- To send you news, offers and promotions, or events about the company, our Products, and our Services;
The products and services provided by ARKADA STUDIO are intended for the general public. Users of the online products and services provided by ARKADA must have reached a certain age to participate. A minor child is a person who has not reached the age of digital consent. In order to comply with legal and regulatory provisions, an age selection screen is presented to the user when launching the SPARK RIDERS mobile application. The user must accurately specify their age or real age range. The Publisher does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information for direct or interest-based advertising from Users whose age does not allow them to reach digital maturity.
USE OF PERSONAL DATA
The Personal Data collected and processed are intended for the provision of Products and Services, their use, improvement, and the maintenance of a secure environment.
The processing carried out by ARKADA STUDIO is based on the performance of the contractual relationship, the legitimate interests of ARKADA STUDIO, or the collection of the user’s consent when required.
The uses are as follows:
- Initiation of a contractual relationship between ARKADA STUDIO and the Customer/User who intends to benefit from the products and services offered by ARKADA STUDIO;
- Access and use of the Services provided by ARKADA STUDIO by the Customer/User as part of the execution of a contract;
- Operation and optimization of the Services;
- Verification and identification of data transmitted by the Customer/User;
- Implementation of assistance;
- Operations related to prospecting, information, statistics;
- Management of unpaid invoices and litigation;
- Implementation of computer fraud prevention and security incident management measures;
- Analysis of system logs, antivirus software, firewall, internet filtering solution;
- Personalization of communication and commercial solicitation to Customers/Users, notably by email;
ARKADA STUDIO ensures that its subcontractors provide sufficient guarantees to implement security and confidentiality measures for the Data to which they have access, as defined by applicable regulations.
The recipients of your personal data are as follows:
– The technical and administrative departments of ARKADA STUDIO;
– Technical service providers of ARKADA STUDIO, responsible for, among other things, website and mobile application maintenance, data hosting, and data backup provided by customers and Users on the Website and Mobile Application;
– External service providers (accountants, etc.) and subcontractors (hosting providers, software publishers);
– Public authorities if required by law, to respond to complaints made to ARKADA STUDIO and to comply with administrative and judicial procedures, or to comply with a legal obligation.
No Personal Data collected and processed by ARKADA STUDIO is transmitted to a third party for commercial purposes. In the event that ARKADA STUDIO is required to do so, the user will be expressly informed, and their consent will be obtained in advance.
All processing of your personal data is carried out within the territory of the European Union (EU). No data transfer is made outside the EU. ARKADA STUDIO ensures that it makes its best efforts to implement useful precautions and security measures for the preservation of data security.
In any case, if ARKADA STUDIO were to transfer data outside the European Union, it commits to ensuring the protection of personal data in accordance with the strictest rules, notably through the ad hoc signature of contractual clauses based on the model of the European Commission, or any other mechanism compliant with the applicable Regulations.
ARKADA STUDIO undertakes to implement the necessary technical and organizational measures to ensure the security of personal data against theft, loss, unauthorized disclosure, or modification, depending on the sensitivity of the data.
ARKADA STUDIO undertakes to take into account the protection of your personal data and your privacy from the outset in the design of new products or services offered to you.
However, ARKADA STUDIO draws Users’ attention to the fact that as the internet is not a completely secure environment, ARKADA STUDIO cannot be held responsible for interruptions in data access due to force majeure or events beyond its control.
MALICIOUS USE AND PASSWORD MANAGEMENT
Customers of products and services provided by ARKADA STUDIO must manage their account passwords and not share them with anyone.
ARKADA STUDIO recommends that individuals take the following security measures to enhance security on the internet:
– Preserve the confidentiality of passwords.
– When creating a password, use a minimum of 8 characters, preferably mixing letters, numbers, and symbols. Do not use dictionary words, your name, your email address, or other easily obtainable personal data. ARKADA STUDIO also recommends changing passwords frequently.
– Do not use the same password for multiple accounts.
ARKADA STUDIO’s infrastructure is protected (firewalls, anti-malware, antivirus). ARKADA STUDIO makes its best efforts to offer its Customers/Users safe and secure products and Services. However, it is the responsibility of the Customer/User to ensure the security of their device (PC, mobile device, tablet, etc.).
ARKADA STUDIO retains personal data for the strictly necessary duration for the provision of Products and Services or for other essential purposes, such as meeting legal obligations.
In the case of a request for deletion or the exercise of the right to request the erasure of Data, the individual concerned is informed that Personal Data may be retained in ARKADA STUDIO’s intermediate archives for the duration necessary to meet legal, accounting, financial, and tax obligations, to settle disputes, and notably to prevent possible unlawful behavior.
MANAGING YOUR RIGHTS AND PREFERENCES
Under the terms defined by data protection regulations, individuals have the following rights regarding their personal data: the right of access, rectification, updating, questioning, limitation, portability, and erasure.
In accordance with data protection regulations, you have the following rights:
– The right to object to the processing of your data for legitimate reasons.
– The right of access and communication, the right to correction, rectification, updating, erasure, and deletion of your data, subject to legitimate reasons.
– The right to choose or modify your preferences regarding subscriptions and newsletters.
– The right to data portability: Individuals concerned are informed that they can request a copy of their personal data.
– The right to limit processing operations related to your data.
It is important to note, however, that if you do not allow the Company to collect your personal data, we may not be able to provide you with the Products and Services we offer.
Furthermore, in the exercise of your rights, ARKADA STUDIO may oppose manifestly abusive requests, particularly in terms of their number, repetitive or systematic nature.
To exercise your rights, simply send an email to ARKADA STUDIO at firstname.lastname@example.org, providing your name, first name, username, and email address.
A response will be sent to you within a maximum of one (1) month from the date of receipt of your request.
COMPLAINTS TO THE CNIL
Users have the right to file a complaint for a breach of their data protection rights with the Supervisory Authority.
If you believe that we have not processed your Data in accordance with data protection regulations, you have the option to file a complaint with the CNIL (French Data Protection Authority): https://www.cnil.fr/fr/plaintes.